Pezesha is an online marketplace for business loans. We connect MSMEs to affordable working capital and other financial services through a collaborative approach with capital providers. We have an ambitious growth plan to target 100,000 SMEs over the next 2 years across Africa by enabling them with affordable working capital. We are operational in Kenya and Ghana and in 2022 scaling across other markets in East and West Africa. It is an incredibly exciting time to join us as we enter our next phase of growth! .
Visit our website: https://pezesha.com/ for more information.
Pezesha has a team of 25+ staff and combined with the board members they bring more than 20+ years of market, regulatory and strategy combined experiences with successful Fintech startup exits in the past.
We are looking for a professional Business Operations Manager to coordinate and oversee our organization’s operations and be part of the leadership team at Pezesha. This person should be ready to go an extra mile and be hands on in ensuring that all functions of the business are always running smoothly, carry out Human Resources functions and ensure productivity and performance. The Business Operations Manager should be willing to be doing tasks outside of their comfort zone i.e answering random questions, taking on small projects that don’t fall to any particular team … countless tasks that don’t seem pressing when taken in isolation, but added up are essential to the business.Ultimately, we’ll trust you to help us remain compliant, efficient and scale across all functions.
Roles and responsibilities:
The key duties of the Business Operations Manager will include but not be limited to the following;
- Work very closely with the CEO and other team leaders by providing comprehensive support, coordination and communication at all levels.
- Analyze and improve organizational processes, and work to improve quality, productivity, and efficiency
- Assist with recruiting and staff training when necessary, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
- Manage staff and provide support by also introducing and implementing best practices across all teams
- Build and manage partnerships strategic discussions, processes and retention
- Perform quality controls and monitor team KPIs and portfolio growth across all markets
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures as an ongoing concern.
- Play a pivotal role in managing budgets, and employ cost effective strategies to protect company assets.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization. Including overseeing budgeting, petty cash, reporting, planning, and auditing.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- At least 4 years of proven work experience as Business Operations Manager, Corporate Finance or similar role
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Operations or Corporate Finance or a related field.
- Before you make a decision on something, always think about what parts of the puzzle are missing.
- Added advantages: MBA, experience in Fintech or East African Banking industry
- Excellent communication skills.
- Places value on relationships
- Outstanding people skills.
- Project management skills
- Proficient ethical leadership abilities.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, investors and commercial partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment. Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities.
Compensation & Perks: Salary + discretionary performance based bonuses + stock options incentives appropriate for the role.
How to apply:
The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified.
Please send a single pdf file containing a brief and bullet-pointed cover letter and your CV on the subsequent page(s) with “Ref: 2022-Business Operations Manager” as the subject of your email to email@example.com
The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis.